If you suspect that your Facebook account's security has been compromised, please perform the following steps .
Update Your Facebook Password - Do this step before contacting Zynga Customer Support
Click HERE to open your Facebook Account Settings page in a new window. Update your Facebook password now to block unauthorized access to your account.
You may have clicked on a link, image, or video that has stolen your Facebook account log-in information. Regardless of how your account was compromised, it is critical that you secure your Facebook account by updating your password.
If you use this same username and password combination for your email account (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.), you should update your password for those accounts too.
Uninstall any new / suspicious apps
Click HERE to open your App Settings page on Facebook in a new window. Review your App Settings page for any applications that are out-of-the-ordinary. Have you recently installed any suspicious apps? Each application row has an X you can click to remove it.
Suspicious Facebook applications can have malicious intentions, like posting spam to your wall, harassing your friends, and stealing your account information. Review your recently installed Facebook applications and remove any that appear suspicious to you.
End all your Facebook activities.
Click HERE to know how you can end all your Facebook activities for additional security.
Hackers can infiltrate your Facebook account through another account and to prevent this, you have to cut that connection. With this, your Facebook account will be unlinked to any applications or software where you have accessed it.
Common Security tips:
- Don't respond to requests for personal information from unknown sources. Providing information, such as your Facebook log-in information, enables hackers to compromise your account.
- Be especially wary of messages that include attractive offers (ie: free chips). If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Always use caution when clicking on a link. If you have any doubt about the link, get confirmation directly from the sender.
- Beware of sites that require you to immediately provide a login and password. Reminder - Zynga and its employees will NEVER ask for your log-in and password.
- Be careful of phishing sites or scammers! Click on this link for more information.