Did you receive a popup in your game requesting you to allow personalized ads on your iOS device?
We have collected some information for you here to answer the most frequently asked questions about these popups:
What does "tracking across apps and websites" mean?
Why am I suddenly being asked for every single app?
- Apple has released new guidelines that require app developers to ask your permission for every individual app now. Before this change you already had the ability to manage your Advertising preferences, only that the options were less granular and not on an app-by-app basis.
Why should I care about allowing personalized ads?
- Allowing personalized ads may enhance your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you.
Zynga uses advertising to be able to offer some games, game features, and other Services for free, and the ability to deliver personalized ads greatly helps us in continuing to do so.
- You can choose to opt-out of personalized ads for any of our apps at any time. If you do, you may still receive the same number of ads, however they will be less personalized and therefore less likely to appeal to you.
How can I manage my ad preferences on my iOS device?
- Go to your iOS Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap "Privacy".
- Scroll down and tap "Apple Advertising".
- Here you can manage your preferences for allowing Personalized Ads.
- Go back to your iOS Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap "Privacy" → "Tracking".
- Here you can select your preferences for individual apps.