In-game Power-Ups are simple spells you can cast to help you remove Hazards, Stones and required Goals from the gameboard. Unlike the Magical Specials you create on the gameboard during play, these Power-Ups are yours and can be triggered anytime without costing a move as long as you have one in your inventory (and if you are out, you may use your Gold to acquire more).
There are seven types of Power-Ups once you start a Puzzle:
1. Magic Strike - Strikes a tiny cross from the Gem you tap on that can remove any Gems and one layer of Hazards.
2. Severing Surge - Strikes a single row that can remove Gems and one layer of Hazards.
3. Destructive Surge - Strikes a single column that can remove Gems and one layer of Hazards.
4. Obliterate - Can remove all Gems of the same colour.
5. Blooming Burst - Strikes a large area that can remove Gems and one layer of Hazards. Only available on Sapphire II and III Club League Tier.
6. Splitting Splicer - Strikes three rows and columns that can remove Gems and one layer of Hazards originating at the Gem that is tapped. Only available on Fire Diamond I and II Club League Tier.
7. Landslide - Clears the whole gameboard removing all Gems and one layer of Hazards. Only available on Fire Diamond III and the Champions Arena Club League Tier.
If you run out of Power-Ups, you may purchase more using your Gold. Tap the + button beside the Power-Up of your choice.
Then, tap on the purchase button.